查看: 2708|回复: 9
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[快乐英语] 迪拜加拿大大学百字征文获奖文章100 WORD STORY COMPETITION - WINNIN

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2012-11-30 17:09:53 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
100 WORD STORY COMPETITION - WINNING STORIES

2012年,恭喜前来参加迪拜加拿大大学年度的百字征文每位参赛学生!在迪拜加拿大大学年度的百字正文中,迪拜加拿大大学收到来自阿联酋各高中参赛作品共110多篇百字文稿,本校英语预科部学生共20篇,本校本科英语部分的40篇。下面的百字文章是获奖者的作品。
Congratulations to all who participated in our annual 100 Word Story Competition! This year we received over 110 entries in the High School Category, 20 entries in the Intensive English Program Category, and 40 in the University English Category. The winners and their stories are posted below, join us in congratulating their outstanding stories!

沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-30 17:10:03 | 只看该作者
High School Category 1st
Place & Overall Winner
Ayesha Ali
Dubai Scholars Private School

Too Late

His tiny legs kicked as hard as they could but still he struggled to get a proper lift off. He was

familiar with the substances’ thickness but only sank down further.

What the hell is this? If only he had paid attention in the safety classes he would’ve been able to tell

what was holding him down.

Alas, the effort of kicking pushed him a little towards the edge and he could feel that safety was

within his reach.

And then the words he dreaded the most, spoken out of those ruthless lips...

WAITER! There’s a fly in my soup!

板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-30 17:12:55 | 只看该作者
High School Category: 2nd Place
Naviya Singla
– Delhi Private School Sharjah

Believe

“Relax. Everything will be fine.” Miriam said. It was the eve of her Career-Choice Submission. Fashion Designing

was her passion, but in the glut of the adult’s counsel, she decided on Engineering.

She sat up feeling apprehensive.

Security or the ecstasies of seeing your imagination come alive?

‘Believe.’ said her heart and, like an atheist in revelation with God, suddenly, she knew.

Twenty years later, Miriam sat looking at the sun emerging from the horizon.

“If you believe, see light within yourself, nothing can keep you in the dark.” she thought, smiled and sketched the

showstopper for the upcoming show.

地板
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-30 17:13:17 | 只看该作者
High School Category: 3rd Place
Rahul Vaswani
- Dubai Scholars Private School

Taking things for granted and the parker pen

You buy me from a store, and shove me in your pouch. You never really care. Why did you separate me from the

crowd? These instruments in your pouch have no shame at all. They have no clothes on, or maybe you must have

lost them all. I was dearly loved, but nobody cares about me now. I don’t have any new friends, life is a misery now.

But I still have faith that you’ll keep me well. Please take care of me as I was born in May. That’s all I want to say,

your silver Parker pen.

5#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-30 17:13:39 | 只看该作者
High School Category: Highly Commended
Sarah Moutaoukil- Al Ansar International School

The color of hunger

The pangs first came when she was sleeping. Her eyes flew open as a loud gurgling noise filled the air. Shooting out of bed, she ran straight to the kitchen, wrenching open the fridge.

She stared in dismay at the row of empty shelves inside, and within a heartbeat of a second, raced out the front door. Stitches bloomed up her side along with a rainbow of spasms as she ran.

Upon reaching the supermarket, she sprinted inside and grabbed a handful of chocolate bars stuffing them into her mouth.

When hunger comes, it strikes hard.

6#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-30 17:13:59 | 只看该作者
University Category 1st Place
Suhail Surtee
- Canadian University of Dubai

The Life That Never Was

This is an account of a young boy who never was able to pursue his dream.His name was

Alexander.Challenged with low self-esteem, he fought hard toward achieving his dream yet failed.

Discriminated from entering institutions of a certain caliber due to society deeming him inferior,

Alexander held his head up high and fought with all his might to gain a place in a society that is filled

with more constrictions than acceptances, yet still failed.

Alexander is no longer with us. He took his own life leaving nothing but a note behind saying “Life isn’t worth this effort”

7#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-30 17:14:21 | 只看该作者
University Category: 2nd PlaceMohammed Atyab
– Bits Pilani Dubai
The Planet you Should Envy!

Within the gigantic boundaries of our solar system, lies a shining sphere. It may be seen but never

reached, it may be admired but never conquered and it may be studied but its secrets never

revealed. It glitters claiming beauty, it puzzles claiming mystery and it protects claiming wealth. It

took centuries to find it, would take light years to travel to it but just seconds to marvel it. Filled with

the desire of every man and woman, a sparkling stone that man could kill for, the planet’s surface is

covered with diamonds thus earning its name “The Diamond Planet”

8#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-30 17:14:38 | 只看该作者
English Language Category: 1st Place
Amanda Falk
- Canadian University of Dubai

A morning in the 21st century, a teenager is standing in front of the mirror. She has beautiful hair,

a  cute face and an athletic body.

The boys want to be with her and the girls want to look like her. But  she can only see an ugly fat

girl in the mirror. 100 days later, she is standing in front of the mirror.

She is pale, sick, 20 kg lighter and skinny. Although, she still sees a fat girl. Her mum says: “It

doesn’t matter what you look like, it’s impossible to be satisfied if you don’t accept yourself.”

9#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-30 17:14:57 | 只看该作者
English Language Category: 2nd Place
Shoreh Alamdari
– Canadian University of Dubai

The Darkest hour of the Night is before Sunrise It was summer. Young man was walking in the yard and thinking

about himself.

He was disappointed. He thought about the days which he had spent without happiness because he  didn’t reach

his goal.

He spoke to God and asked God to end his life. He stopped and looked at the ants that climbed the pillar and

carried a piece of biscuit. He came back home.

A day after that, he was walking in the yard again and saw the ants

trying to carry that same biscuit again. He got his lesson from the ants and thanked God for it.

10#
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-30 17:15:07 | 只看该作者
Special Mention
Tvara Parikh
– Dubai Private School Sharjah Gr.1
The Beautiful Tree

Once upon a time there was a big tree. It had beautiful orange flowers. People passing by were plucking flowers from the tree so the tree was so happy. One day nobody came to pluck any flower so the tree became very sad and started crying. At that time a Robin came and asked the tree reason of crying. The tree said nobody wants him. Robin smiled and started building a nest on the tree. After this so many other birds also built nest on the tree. Now the tree is again very happy as he is full of beautiful flowers and birds.

Moral of the story is everything is good around us.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册  

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系我们qq群186689581|迪拜中文网 ( 沪ICP备14002918号 )

GMT+4, 2024-4-24 00:22 , Processed in 0.052053 second(s), 23 queries .